Wesley Gilliland is an attorney at Havens Limited and a partner in Rudolph Investment Company, Ltd. As an attorney, Wesley has successfully represented numerous clients in a wide range of complex matters, with a focus on commercial real estate. He has leveraged that legal experience and his financial background to grow a thriving real estate investment company.
In 2006, Wesley started his commercial real estate career at Casto, a large real estate company based in Columbus. There, he gained experience assisting brokers and leasing agents in acquiring tenants before moving to the company’s legal department where he worked closely with in-house counsel.
In 2010 upon graduating from law school, Wesley joined Havens Limited. He has since established himself as a trusted advisor and advocate for clients.
His commercial real estate practice areas include:
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions: Wesley provides comprehensive legal guidance and representation to clients involved in commercial real estate transactions. He assists clients in matters such as acquisitions, sales, leasing, financing, and 1031 exchanges. Wesley’s expertise ensures that clients’ interests are protected throughout the entire transaction process.
- Real Estate Development: As a real estate investor and developer in his own right, Wesley brings a unique perspective to his legal practice. He advises clients on all aspects of real estate development projects, including land acquisition, zoning and land use regulations, construction contracts, and project financing. Wesley’s firsthand experience as an investor and developer allows him to provide practical insights and strategic solutions to his clients.
- Real Estate Investment: Drawing on his experience as an investor and education in finance, Wesley advises clients on investment strategies and opportunities in the commercial real estate market. He assists clients in structuring and negotiating real estate investment deals, analyzing risks and returns, and managing legal complexities associated with real estate investments.
Other key practice areas include:
- Lender Counsel
- Entity Formation
- Business Counsel
- Business Sales and Acquisitions
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Planning and Probate
Wesley graduated cum laude from The Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business in 2007 and graduated from Capital University School of Law in 2010 where he received the Presidential Merit Scholarship and was ranked second in his graduating class.
A Columbus native, Wesley attended Bishop Watterson High School. He currently lives in Lewis Center with his wife, Amelia, and two young children, Austin and Madison.